Wedding and Photography Services

Friday, September 14, 2012

Shoe Fetish

Beautiful stems from a boudoir shoot in May.

I adore shoes.  It may be one of the few very feminine traits that I keep in my life.  I adore them but I hate shopping for them.  So I naturally accost other women and ask where they bought "those shoes".  Actually, I ask men that question too, but that is because I love men's boots.

I mention my shoe fetish because I am currently obsessed with wedding shoe photography.  I make sure that the shoes get love in boudoir images and I am looking forward to more fashionista brides giving me a chance to get great shots of sexy wedding shoes. Lately the style has gone back to something white or ivory to match their gown, but I adore the girl brave enough to pull a set of hot pink pumps from the shelves of bland white stems.


Raw image from a shoot in May, love that color!

I don't wear heels when out with my husband because we are nearly the same height. My daily kicks are simple ballet flats in black or brown based on what matches my outfit. They allow me to chase the toddler around, do my shopping, and not cut open my feet while walking along rocky roadways as I make my way to a location shoot. I wear an old pair of running shoes as I go to my mundane retail job, but even that is simple and black to match the required black and white dress code. 
 
Hidden in the back of my closet is a very different world. A row of sexy kitten heels in shiny black, pale pink, bedazzled silver, and gold-flecks on a cork base. I had a pair of sultry red until I ran them into the ground from going to the club in college, wearing them to work in fashion forward New York, and just generally loving them until they had to be put down.

Such a fan of her heels, this girl is not shy about height and she is already tall!


I post all this because I am working on ideas for shots with brides. I am also working on upcoming shoots with a few new models that will include shoes as central to my theme. And I post this because every once in a while I need to remind myself how being girly is just fine.