Wedding and Photography Services

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Farm Favorites

When it comes to personal portraits, there is nothing quite so lovely as choosing a setting where you can take advantage of light and space for easy poses.  I suggest this for high school and college seniors looking for individualized images.  Better than bringing along props and outfits, this can allow your calm and joy to come through more than any staged image in a studio. 

Farm and country photography is a prime example of that type of image.  I adore farm photography.  I spent most of my life on a farm and horses were a huge part of what kept my focus and sanity through the difficult times in college.  This shoot from early July was a wonderful chance to embrace the unique charm of natural light in the afternoon sun.

My subject here is a fellow horse fanatic and this made the day very enjoyable as we spent time chatting on our walk over to the pasture.  We took advantage of the natural beauty of the horses and made some beautiful, simple moments.