Wedding and Photography Services

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Little Sneeky Peek

Winter and I usually get along just fine, but today it seriously made me sad panda.

I'm a jogger when the opportunity is there.  I say when, because if you are familiar with a typical Maine winter you will understand that it is not always an option.  Our condo is lovely, but not at all large enough to house exercise equipment more extensive than my Wii Fit.  I waiting until the baby was napping, hooked up my infant monitor with the awesome radius that allows me to get to the end of the road (about a half mile) without loss of signal and headed out the door.  I got to then end of my drive way before landing firmly on my backside thanks to our recent melt-freeze cycle that has been making this area it's pet project.

That meant trading jogging time for logging in to more wedding websites and working on the 2013 campaign for elopements and weddings.  Bookings have started to pick up a bit and I find myself hopeful that adding in two new services will expand on that growth.  The bigger of these two factors is that we will be launching an option for brides to work with our exclusive seamstress to design a one-of-a-kind gown to go with their one-of-a-kind day!  

This seamstress has over thirty years professional experience and a passion for rich fabrics paired with figure flattering designs.  She has done everything from prom gowns and wedding design to approved regiment garments for reenactments presenting battles from the American Revolution.  She has owned and operated a costume design company for over ten years specializing in beautiful designs for children.  And finally, she did the detail work on all of the gowns this budding photographer wore through her early years and in high school.  Yes, she was even the skilled hand for fitting wedding gowns for my closest friends, bridesmaid gowns I have worn, and my own wedding gown.  I am talking of course about the fact that I am now employing the seamstress services of Diane Martell... the person my son calls "Namma" and I call "Mom".

We have both been budget brides and planned our events in a limited schedule.  When she and my father held their wedding they announced their engagement and set out the details so quickly her family was shocked.  We both believe in getting things done the right way first and making sure that services match the price, but that a couple should not have to spend themselves into a lifetime of debt for one day.  From finding unusual venues for a wonderful price, to planning a special surprise with the DJ to make the father of the bride sniffle when he dances with his little girl... we work as a team to bring out the best in a big day.  And we do it because the strongest force in the 'verse is LOVE!

Check in soon for more updates with Diane's designs, our adventures in planning the wedding of a close friend for this summer, and more amazing news about our contacts with officiants and other vendors through the newest part of the Akelis Studios family: