Wedding and Photography Services

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Portfolio Cleaning

OneWed.com : Spring Green Wedding Shoes
It's spring, time to make my new list of photos I want to get for my portfolio while covering weddings this season.  I always consider the gaps and try to find ways to fill them without missing a moment of a bride's big day and making sure to work with her ideas.  I encourage every bride to build a profile on Pinterest and send a link while we are planning her details so that I can see the thoughts in her planning process and important moments she wants captured. 

This year I am all about the colorful brides.  The weddings I have booked are nontraditional in their color choices and I love that about these brides.  I look forward to picking up an image or two like this with color and class mixed into a different way to salute the wedding rings.  I'm a fan of shoes anyway, so it also feeding into my obsession with those things that cover a girl's toes.  

My other recent obsession is looking up wedding gowns through wholesale brokers online.  I spend a huge amount of time looking at dress designs on wholesale ordering sites to keep an eye on trends in bridal fashion.  I get to figure out if I am looking at a year full of lace or one with beading and bling.  I adore the fun of looking at lace and long flowing lines but short and flirty can be a welcome change as I book with modern brides.

I love the color and spark in this dress from MLtailor.com.  The flower detail on the waist is not my personal style, but is one of the better executions on a fabric flower that I have seen in the last few weeks.  Normally, I am also not a huge fan of peachy-pinks, but the blush tone on this is really pretty over the tulle layers in that mermaid gown, a works so well with the backdrop they selected for this shoot.  It all reminds me of spring!

Finally, I really want to play with perspective again this year.  I have a few ideas of what will work for poses, and now I just need to book enough weddings to keep up with them.  As of now, July is almost all open for bookings and one June weekend is un-filled.  I am looking to take elopements as well as large events to keep giving my all to couples on a budget for their day.  Remember to check out the new portfolio at www.AkelisStudios.com as well!