Wedding and Photography Services

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

2013 Return to my Roots

ONE MONTH

I can hardly believe we've been out of our condo a full month.  It has driven me crazy at times, trying to adjust to our new location, but I believe things are finally back to normal.

With people around seeing the reality of hard times on their budget, weddings have been fewer and my work has shifted to more artistic images again.  I am back to working through the changes on the site, contacting brides for 2014, and enjoying planning events with a few friends.  

Saturday was a return to working my second family business, one begun in 2003 by my mother and grandmother and the place that I first learned what it takes to endure through a labor of love and get a small business off the ground.  So often, I see those who have risen out of the start-up phase looking down on others, and it makes me sad.  Take time to go back to your roots and refocus.  You might just quell that ego long enough to learn something grand from somebody quite small.