Wedding and Photography Services

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Some Light Landscaping

Akelis Studios Photography
I am ecstatic tonight.  For the first time in about two months I am getting requests for weddings; I had a two month break from inquiries that worried me for a while.  Not just the orders are picking up, but so is my mood.

I placed my order for a new lens this morning after much consideration and anticipation.  It should arrive by Monday evening, giving me time to play and practice before the next wedding out in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  I am itching to shoot some lovely wedding images in the brilliant autumn colors, and this will give me a new tool to expand my repertoire so clients can benefit. 

This week was taken up with a ton of studying on better panoramic techniques.  I used an older and less reliable method because it was what I had been first instructed with as a second shooter.  The woman who took the time to teach me was lovely, but I agree that the results are vastly different when using this system.  I will also get the chance to cut down the time spent on editing as it will not require so much intensive "stitching" to achieve the same look.

Akelis Studios Photography
I love getting the chance to shoot something a bit different, a bit more artistic, at times.  I adore the riot of colors that comes at this time of year and love spending a little time having the chance to imagine how hose colors will appear.  There is something so alive in this time of year as winter closes in, the harvest time for the northern hemisphere.  Apples, pumpkins, and hundreds of other delicious colors and flavors of farm stand foods have taken over my kitchen and my brain.

I also love panoramic wedding images.  I simply don't shoot them as often because I feel that the method I use is prone to gaps or compression problems when prepared for printing.  This may well have to do with how I edit things, and I am sure it could be fixed buy raising the cost of my services to clients by outsourcing the digital work.  I refuse to raise costs to my clients because it will cut out how much they are receiving for their money, that is poor business behavior and a poor way to treat customers who should be your first interest.

I will share more wedding images and some of the test images in the next few days.  Hopefully you will all see what I mean in the clear difference from these images, one taken while I was in college and learning more skills to put to work in my art.  While I do not want to insult my teacher or my old work... one can only improve or become obsolete.  I plan to improve!