Wedding and Photography Services

Monday, September 24, 2012

Deep Blue Eyes



I love when a boudoir shoot can give such great images that I am not looking at them later thinking about how I should have shifted her hand, or moved a bracelet, or changed a light position.  This was one of those shoots.  While not everything was a gem, I adore this shot.  It is one of the moments when I could have shot with my subject topless or completely nude and not even had to change a thing.

I always love shots like this in boudoir because they really focus on how much seduction there is in eye contact.  Keeping this outfit we went for a different type of eye contact and a pose that displays round faced subjects to their best potential.  I usually save this style of shot for late in an album when the intent is gifting a significant other.  contrast was the goal here, though I personally feel that a little more shadow or dark points would work to maximize this concept.


Then there is the idea of what happens when you choose to keep eyes closed, taking direct contact out of the story and keeping the mood low and warm.  The color choice for this shot and second outfit are of the model's selection, though I think the sky blue is helped with the coloration of her tattoo.  Here the focus is to invite the viewer into the image by letting the eye flow based on a change of color.



You may notice there I just made a statement that the photo is not perfect in my eyes.  I believe in admitting when improvement can be made and in this case the model is lovely but the artist side of my brain is focused on what to change and make better in the next shoot.  That is the only way I could ever improve, and I encourage everyone to look at their work and do the same thing.  At the moment I am booking boudoir less often and wishing to increase those sittings, and the best way to improve business is to raise the quality of your product.

Alright darlings, in the next two days I will post the second half on my list of favorite wedding photos.  I will also be updating some of my wedding images from this season, sharing favorites with all of you patient darlings.  Until then, keep improving and keep smiling!